Programmers of today are the creators of the future, they are shaping our market since the start of the IT era, there is no universal programming language or set of knowledge which can keep you charged as a programmer, but you have to cope up with the changing technology by learning them, it’s a never-ending process, it is the case with every profession of every industry imaginable, but the field of programming is the most fluctuating one.
There are more than 700 programming languages, out of them, 250 are in use when it comes to choosing a language to start the career with, it’s the decision you can not take lightly if you moved along with a wrong choice, it’s like moving a mountain to catch a rat. In this blog, we will discuss some of the majorly used programming languages with their pros and cons, it will help you to choose a language out of many to secure a good job in 2020.
- A versatile language.
- Ideal for web development.
- Helps to reach desired interface goals.
- Large library access and community support.
- Easy to implement.
- Equally compatible with other programming languages.
- Helps to create applications of all range.
- Buffer free i.e Node.js applications never buffer any data.
- Event-driven and asynchronous in nature.
- Executes code faster.
- Use of the single thread model.
- Node.js is released under MIT licence.
Kotlin is a general-purpose, cross-platform programming language, it is prefered programming language by Google for Android app development, with many advancements Kotlin remains the best and precise form of Java for Android app development, due to its newness the language has a huge job opportunity in the near future.
- Clean and concise codes take less time to write.
- Null Safety.
- Easily understandable codes.
- Modern features like Lambda functions, smart casts, operator overloading, etc.
Python is used for web development and data analysis, there are many reasons that make Python one of the best programming language to learn in 2020. As AI and Machine Learning is shaping up to be the first choice of investment by the tech giants, there is a very big number of the third-party open-source libraries available, which are helpful in making almost anything, this language will help you to get a better job along with higher packages, a number of popular applications such as, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Survey monkey Python are built with Python.
- OOP characteristics to make classes and objects.
- Giant open source libraries.
- Ideal for making the most complex applications.
- Grown community support.
- Support for many platforms and systems.
- Easy to learn and use.
Java is another popular programming language used in Android app development, it is a widely used language by the organizations to make large applications, it has a great job opportunity in the future with large organizations. Android Studio is a Java-based framework from google, highly recommended for Android development.
- A huge open-source library.
- Follows the OOP concept like C++.
- Featured with stack allocation system.
- Platform independence with JVM feature.
- It offers high security.
- The multithread feature helps developers to create interactive applications that can run smoothly.
C and C++ is another very popular language, in most of the cases it is the introductory programming language that we learn in our alma matter, it is fast and stable, C++ provides STL (Standard Template Library) for data structure, arithmetic operations and algorithm, it is easy to learn, moderate language, if you want to be a system-level programmer, C++ is a language you should learn, the incredibility of this language is defined as Microsoft Windows and Google Chrome are developed on C++ basis.
- C++ has a rich library to work with.
- Faster execution of the programs than many other languages.
- Complex programming languages are made easy to understand.
- Widely used for different device and platform application development.
- Offers portability and ease.
- Combines the feature of both higher-level and lower-level languages.
PHP is a server-side scripting language, it has a variety of CMS (Content Management System) and framework used for web development, the language is used for backend programming by many tech giants as Facebook and Dropbox. Nearly 60% of the websites are built on PHP and over 25% are built on WordPress, though, there is a greater job opportunity with PHP, the reason for its popularity is that it is cheap, easy to use and easily understandable.
- PHP is open-source, no need to depend on the manufacturer to release the updates.
- Large database support.
- Supported by most platforms.
- Compatible with most of the servers like IIS and APACHE.
- Efficient in development and maintenance cost.
As a developer, you need to upgrade your skills to stay in the competition, above stated programming languages are top listed to get a job in 2020, you can choose any of these languages according to your area of interest to excel your career as a programmer in the current scenario.