The Together Program is a research project that partners with Universities to give families the tools they need to foster a healthy family relationship. Their program provides relationship and financial education through workshops to promote well-being and stability to families. Families in the program use the Together Program’s Mobile Application to follow the workshop courseworks. Participants can sign into the app to view the documents, case studies, and other files, used to teach each lesson. This project includes an IOS app and an Android app.
Together app has following features
- The mobile app allows participants to easily find the coursework for each lesson.
- Participants can receive notifications sent from the workshop managers and reference the messages at any time during and after the workshop.
- Participants can manage their account setting and select their preferred language for navigating the application.
Challenges and Solution.
- The app has to be a user friendly solution that allows all participants to follow along with the topic taught each lesson. Our solution provided a user interface that separated each lesson in the workshop. Each lesson included the content for that topic in separate folders. This way the participant could easily find the reading material or the assignment, or additional content and media. Having a user friendly solution was important for the client so that participants could focus on learning the topics and not wondering how to navigate the application
- The workshops are catered to participants of both English or Spanish speaking backgrounds. This meant that the application had to have clear instructions for navigation without having a language barrier. We created an app that allows the participant to select their preferred language for navigation. The participant can change the navigation language so they can navigate easily without needing translation help.
- The application had to meet ADA compliance guidelines. Our solution follows the guidelines provided by WCAG so that the application can be used by individuals with disabilities. These features include the appropriate color contract and ability for screen reading tools.
App Screenshot Gallery.
Don’t forget to visit our related apps as well.