Simpalm designed and developed DoD style guide mobile apps for Defense Media Agency at Fort Meade, Maryland. These mobile apps are used by media professionals to follow the style guides when submitting video and photos to the DMA for publication. Earlier there was a PDF that was being used and this was converted into a mobile app by Simpalm. This was an 8(a) award to Simpalm by DMA.
This app has following features and functions
1. Users can enter a keyword and see the results for the related style guides
2. User can select a category and see the related style guide references
3. User can make certain categories as their favorite.
4. User can jump to certain topics by alphabetical sorting.
Challenges and Solution
- Client came to Simpalm with the problem that it is very difficult to use the pdf in the fields as a reference to check the guidelines standards and follow them. Client did not have idea about mobile application development. Client was looking for a local app development company with experience in federal space. Simpalm had the requisite and was hired by the client to build the solution.
- Simpalm started the design process by building the wireframes for the mobile app to show the flow of the app. Once flow was approved by client, Simpalm created the visual designs of the app using the theme and branding guidelines of DoD. Client really liked the designs we did. Once the designs were fully approved, Simpalm started to code the applications on iOS and Android and implemented all the date, content and features of the app. Simpalm parsed the guideline document and built the entire app in 7 months.
App Screenshots Gallery
Don’t forget to visit our related apps as well.