Are you building an app or website where you want to accept payments from your customers? There are several payment gateways in each country that can help you accept payments from your customers. It is very hard to decide which payment gateway to integrate. You have landed on the right blog page, here we will discuss popular payment gateways in the USA and their benefits.
Integrating the appropriate payment gateway is a key success to increase your sales orders and grow your customer base. So do not avoid spending time researching the best payment gateway for your online store. Simpalm is a leading mobile app development company in Northern Virginia, and has integrated many payment gateways into mobile apps. With that experience, we are trying to list down the most popular payment gateways that suit your business needs and allow users to smoothly make payment transactions.
Stripe is very popular in the short span of time in the USA. It is the best option if you run an online store through a mobile app or website. Several businesses who have subscriptions based service models, use Stripe to receive monthly, quarterly or yearly subscription fees.
KickStarter, Instacart, Booking.com, Lyft, Shopify, OpenTable, and many other emerging businesses use Stripe as a most preferred and secure way to receive funds. Stripe has comprehensive data security standards and implementations like AES-256 decryption, PCI DSS Level 1, PSD2 and SCA compliant.
Stripe has various products and services designed for your business. The Stripe payment gateway is developer-centric and it provides your app developer with world-class documentation, APIs, libraries written in React, Python, Ruby, Node.JS and various language, webhooks, test environment, and many other modern tools. Several app development companies recommend Stripe as the most convenient and low maintenance gateway for efficient payment processing.
Scale your business around Stripe and connect with new customers to handle payments, smart invoicing, subscription-based services fees, and multiparty payments.
- Receive payment through various cards, wallets, local payment gateways.
- Mobile Interface: You can integrate Stripe iOS, Android and Mobile web applications to receive payments.
- You can customize the customer interface with a custom UI toolkit.
- Easily manageable and allow you to create different roles and responsibilities to assign operations.
- Stripe offers various products like Sigma, Atlas, Radar, Issuing and Terminal for different administrative & financial operations. You can configure these tools in your CRM.
- Payout: Unified, Multicurrency, instant and connect.
- You can have access to real-time reporting & insight
- No setup, monthly or hidden fee.
- You just need to pay per transaction.
- Charges: A flat rate of 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction as long as you’re doing under $1 million in volume per year.
- Contact Stripe for custom pricing setup if your business model has high order value and manage refunds.
Braintree is developed by PayPal. BrainTree offers a high level of customization for merchants at an effective price. If you have any ecommerce site and need a customized solution for your site, you can integrate BrainTree. BrainTree is well known for taking low international transaction charges which is a 1% currency conversion fee. Several non-profits have used BrainTree as an efficient payment system in the world.
- In-store payment
- Serverless payments
- Seamless checkout interface for users
- Credit/Debit card payment
- It supports Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Visa, Mastercard, ACH Direct Debit
- US – 2.9% + $0.30 and 2.2% + $0.30 for nonprofit.
PayPal is a faster and safer gateway that allows you to set up merchant accounts and receive payment from your customers internationally. PayPal is popular all over the world and accepted by millions of brands including some major brands. PayPal is available for both stores and mobile apps. The PayPal user interface is user-friendly and familiar with millions of buyers and business owners.
If you integrate PayPal in your application, you may win the trust of the customer with its secure and user-friendly interface. Online vendors, auction sites and many other commercial sites believe in PayPal.
- Easily set up a merchant account
- Website Payment: Easily integrate into your website and receive payment from customers by paying a per-transaction fee.
- B2B Payment: You can request payment from other parties for goods sale.
- Freelancer Payment: You can request payment from your employer for your freelance service.
- World-class fraud protection tools, seller protection tools
- Business App: Access your payment receiving history anywhere and anytime
- Comfortable & Customizable
- Free for buyers.
- No setup fee, monthly fee
- Pay only when you receive a new transaction (3.4% +0.30 USD
Authorize.NET is the most innovative gateway to receive payment in person, online and over the phone. It is basically a visa solution and allows your customers to make payments through Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, PayPal, Apple Pay, Visa Checkout and E-Check.
The Authorize.NET is an optimized solution for small and medium-sized businesses because they settle payment without any delay. Also, do you don’t need to have any SSL certificates or PCI compliance to use this gateway? If you have built an eCommerce store on Magento then Authorize.NET is preferred gateway.
- Ecommerce: Integrate gateway in your website or mobile app and receive payment through various cards.
- Mobile credit card readers: Use phone as a mPOS to accept payment from customers. Connect your phone with a card reader device to swipe the customer cards.
- Mobile Payment: Allow customers to save payment details to make faster payments on your mobile apps.
- Advance fraud detection tools: Velocity filter, transaction filter, IP filter, and shipping filter.
- Customer data security: PCI DSS compliance, Customer Information Manager that secure billing, payment and shipping information for future orders.
- Simple checkout
- 2.9% + .30 per transaction*
- $49 setup, $25 monthly gateway + free additional services
- Partner merchant account fees may vary, contact Authorize.net for more details.
BluePay is an American payment gateway company. BluePay provides tremendous services to every size of businesses in the world. It is also recognized for exceptional customer service since it is designed for better customer experience while purchasing. BluePay has solutions for e-commerce, mobile credit card payment processing, POS, and EMV credit card processing features. BluePay is popular in the USA and Canada and they process 21 billion transactions approximately in a year.
- Recurring Billing & Invoicing
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Fraud Protection.
- Credit card payment processing models for B2B, Small Business, Restaurants, Nonprofits, and Government
- Fixed $15 per month after setup
- Various customized plans according to industry.
WorldPay is a leading payment processing company and offers various payment services to organizations. WorldPay provides global services and financial systems. WorldPay is also known as a leading USA credit and debit card processor. If you are a merchant or financial institution, you must check the financial solutions provided by the company.
WorldPay supports large enterprises, B2C eCommerce, B2B e-commerce, Omnichannel, and In-store systems to collect and process payment via cloud-based mobile apps, web apps and POS machines.
- Merchant can open and set up an account.
- Integrated website payment: You can set up a gateway on your website.
- WorldPay allows merchants to accept credit card & debit cards.
- Recurring payments.
- WorldPay accepts multi-currency payments.
- It also covers fraud & risk cover.
- Take payments from customers over the phone, or from computers or tablets through Virtual terminal.
- 2.75% + 0.20 Euro for both credit and debit card payment
- Pay monthly – A fixed monthly payment plus 2.75 % on credit cards, and 0.75% on debit card transactions.