How to Outsource Your Mobile App Project?
Are you looking to outsource your mobile app development and searching for an excellent team? We have discovered some quick tips to ensure a smooth development process and exceptional end results. An outsourcing company can fulfill your expectations and implement your idea into reality. There are several benefits of outsourcing your app development project. You don’t need to hire an in-house team, buy resources and occupy office space. It’s just simple, you need to collaborate with an experienced team and work together to create something amazing.
What Are The Options for Outsourcing Mobile App projects?
It is a tricky task to figure out the options and which is more beneficial according to your needs? Whether you should hire a dedicated designer, developers, or a full team for everything? To outsource your app development project, consider at least three options to choose from:
- Hire a dedicated outsourcing app development company
- Hire freelance developers and designers
Effective Tips Before Outsourcing your Project
1. Finalize Your Requirements
Once you come up with an app idea for a business, you need to prepare a detailed requirement document and outline all the major requirements. A document is essential to cover everything from scratch. How did you come up with the app idea, and how your solution would be beneficial for others? Your goal, challenges, and solution should be covered in the scope of the work. This document will clear the vendor to provide you an optimized app development solution. Here are some best tips to prepare your document:
- Use a word document and start writing your app idea. Write down your goals, the scope of the work features list and budget estimates for investments.
- Use PowerPoint or sketch to create some prototype or app screens.
- Or use paper and pencil to create app screens.
- Hire a UX professional to create a stunning prototype.
2. Choose Your Development Approach
Do you need a native or hybrid mobile app? You should learn what is native iPhone/Android app development and hybrid app development? This is very crucial to figure out your development approach. If you want to start with just an iPhone app, you should prefer native approach. If you need an app to be available on both iOS and Android platforms, you should discuss the pros and cons of the app development company. Here are some best options for your development approach:
- Native iOS and Native Android app development.
- React Native or Flutter for Hybrid app development
3. Find a Right Development Team
This is a very crucial task and you should spend enough time in discussion with outsourcing companies to build your app. There are some B2B research companies that enlist top app development companies in the world. You may take reference from there and shortlist some top outsourcing companies. Here are some top tips to find the right development team:
- Ask friends or relatives, if they know any company. A reference always works.
- Google searches the top app development outsourcing companies.
- Decide a region for outsourcing your project: North America, Europe, or Asia.
- Cost can be a big factor to outsource the project, make sure you find the right team that provides cost-effective solutions.
4. Check their Relevant Experience, Portfolio and Client References
Before hiring an outsource company, closely verify their profile credentials including years of experience, mobile portfolio and some client references on B2B review websites such as Clutch, SoftwareWorld and GoodFirms. Many firms have similar or relevant experience which is helpful to test their technical skillset. For example, if your app interacts with external hardware devices and uses Bluetooth or Wifi, you will want to see similar apps created by outsourcing app development companies. At least one or two relevant examples will build confidence in you to collaborate with them or not?
5. Schedule an Interview and Get Full Consultation
Once you review and learn about outsourcing companies, you should communicate and schedule interviews. A detailed interview will help you to clarify most of your questions and you will be able to verify credentials shown on the company website. An experienced company will answer all of your questions and bring the best technical solution for your app development needs. Consultation is necessary to get the knowledge about the development process. Here are some basic questions you must ask in the interview:
- How many years of experience do you have in-app development?
- What is the size of your team and where it is located?
- What is your core expertise area?
- Can you provide end to end services such as design and development of both frontend and backend?
- Will you help us to submit and approve the app on app stores?
- Could you show us some relevant work examples and client references?
- Will you provide communication with the developer or project manager?
- Do you have any certifications?
- What are your hourly rates? Are you open to a fixed price budget as well?
- Can you sign a nondisclosure agreement and ensure the privacy of the project?
- Can you provide a detailed proposal with time and budget estimates?
6. Setup a Project Plan – Sprint/Milestones for Project
Once you complete the interviews and you are ready to select the team to outsource the project. You should ask an app development firm to create a project plan. A project plan may include a set of sprint/milestones, cost estimation and timeline to complete the project. This way you can streamline the project and sign the agreement with your developer. Here is an example of a series of tasks you can mutually decide to complete:
- Sprint 1: One-week consultation and assessment. Supply all the requirements you have. The app development company will provide you suggestions and help you to improve the requirements. Once you provide final requirements, they will present your project plan with a breakdown of milestones.
- Sprint 2: The app development team will quickly design the wireframe and visual designs of the mobile app in two-three weeks. Here revisions can be made and you should actively provide feedback to improve the designs. In the end, you should finalize the app UIUX.
- Sprint 3: The time has arrived when your app development begins. Your app development company will start building the frontend and backend of the app and implement proposed features and functions. At the end of each milestone, they will provide you a ‘build’ to test the functionality. You can provide feedback and provide them with approval to continue building the next milestones. Each milestone can be defined for one or two or three weeks long.
- Sprint 4: In the end, the development team will provide you with the final build to test the app. You can take enough time to test the app features, load time, and performance. In the end, they will submit the app to the app stores and get it approved. Final testing and deployment can take one week or so.
Outsourcing your mobile app project is beneficial and you just need to handle it carefully. The app owner has to be strategic and active while dealing with the company. Outsourcing projects can be good if you work with experienced app development companies to get an end to end solution. You will get a quality digital product developed on iOS or Android platforms at an affordable cost. We hope you have a closure review of the above tips and will follow while outsourcing your project. This will be able to work long-term with the outsourcing company to develop iOS/Android apps.