Scoot App is specially designed for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to request transportation service from one place to another. The Scoot app has two user interfaces: driver and consumers. The mobile app is available on both the App Store and Google Play store and it is free to download it on the smartphone. Simpalm has worked with New Star Services, a non-profit organization who provide better educational facilities to a person with disabilities in the USA. The Scoot mobile app is easy to use and provide convenient transportation from specially trained drivers.
Scoot App has the following features:
- The mobile app allows the user (consumer & driver) to set up an account.
- Both users can log in into the mobile app via mobile number.
- The user can request the pick and drop service by entering the address and number of passenger details.
- The user has the ability to select a driver from the list and submit the request.
- Scoot allows the user to search for previous trips and view details.
- The driver can see all new request and be able to accept one at a time.
- Also, the app allows the user to view driver profile, vehicle details and rate it after a successful ride.
Challenges and Solution
- We develop user-friendly mobile apps that minimize the user tasks and quickly request a ride to the selected driver. The driver receives the request and picks the customer in an appropriate given time. We have simplified the ride booking process and developed a convenient platform for transportation for physically challenged people. We have implemented features by defined milestones and give it to the client for user acceptance testing. We have also developed backend server and database that talks to the app. Once Apps and backend were fully developed and tested, Simpalm deployed the app on the App Store and got it approved.
- New Star Services is a non-profit organization in the USA. They provide educational facilities to a person with disabilities. The client wanted to build a unified mobile app for both user and driver to manage transportation services. The app has to be capable of itself to operate all transportation operations from pickup to dropoff in real time. The person with physical disabilities may not be familiar with any driver and they usually don’t trust unknown persons. The ride request may not be fulfilled in this case. Also, they did not have a solution to ride request distribution to the drivers in the area.
- The organization was looking for a reliable app development firm who can develop the mobile app as well as guide them in each aspect of the app development process. They wanted us to educate their end-users on how to request a ride and also teach their service to provide on how to use the mobile app. Simpalm’s team first capture all the requirements and challenges of the organisation. We have proposed a unified solution since the transportation system is not easy for everyone to handle. We have created simplified designs, workflow, and clickable wireframes. The client gets tested the wireframe in several situations because the app users are physically challenged, peoples.
App Screenshot Gallery
Scoot App has driver & customer interface, ride booking, ride details, rate driver and many more capabilities.
Don’t forget to visit our related apps as well.