Simpalm has developed this App for the Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago. Based on CRLMC’s award-winning InterFaith Calendar, the app brings together the dates and descriptions of observances for 17 religious communities and includes descriptions of each religious tradition prepared by believers themselves. InterFaithCal is available at no cost for both Android and iOS. The mobile apps are managed by a backend system with an admin panel where calendar events and descriptions can be entered.
InterFaith Calendar has following features
- Users can view a calendar in month, week, and day views. Users can see which days have observances, select a day, and view the observances on that day.
- Users can filter which religious community’s observances they want to see.
- Users can read information about the religious communities included in the app.
- Users can read information about the Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago.
- The About Us section has information about the App.
Challenges and Solution.
Our client came to us with the idea to turn their popular paper calendar into an application. Our challenge was to analyze the current calendar and create an app that would include all of the same information. Luckily, the Simpalm design team knew just how to do it, and the project was quickly underway. The admin panel is used to enter and edit event dates and details, descriptions of each religious community, and information about the Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago. The applications then show that information in a calendar with additional pages of text. It was a perfect solution!
App Screenshot Gallery.
Don’t forget to visit our related apps as well.