The AMD eye app is a mobile source of information for patients with age related macular degeneration (AMD) who still maintain some reading vision. AMD eye is developed by Simpalm for an ophthalmologist. The app is dedicated to providing information on Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD). Age related macular degeneration is one of the leading causes of blindness. The mobile app act as a source of information for patients with AMD. AMD Eye is unique and helpful apps since it is designed and developed on the feedback received by patients and their family members.
AMD Eye is the 1st ophthalmology app with following integrated features:
- An Amsler grid which the user can schedule daily or weekly alerts.
- Education and information data to patients about AMD.
- Design for patients and user focus in mind rather than a resource for the healthcare professional/student/resident who need more of a reference utility.
- Protects patient privacy by not allowing the upload of a patient’s personal daily amsler grid recording.
Challenges and Solution:
- AMD causes central visual distortion and loss of vision and it has various types and symptoms commonly reported by patients and their family members. Therefore, it was difficult to educate the patient and provide useful information in such a way that they can evaluate all the risk factors of AMD and protect from blindness. Our client came to us to build the mobile app to educate patient on this problem.
- We created the full design of the app to meet the expectation of the client. Once client approved the design, we build the app for iOS and Android. We build the app with Amsler grid, tests, symptoms tracker, risk factors and treatments to make the app useful for patients. App was uploaded on the app store and currently live to download for free.
App Screenshot Gallery
AMD Eye has features like Amsler Grid, Daily/Weekly Updates, Patient Grid Recording and many more capabilities.
Don’t forget to visit our related apps as well.